1. The use of public cloud computing is quickly expanding, and most organizations already exploit public cloud-based resources to run both critical and non-critical business systems.
2. Application development and testing are among the highest value uses of leveraging the public cloud, and most enterprises have moved from proof of concept to actual deployments in the last few years.
3. A larger number of business units leverage public cloud resources that are made up largely of AWS and a few other public cloud providers.
4. A surprising number of public cloud instances support the daily operations of many businesses, with a smaller percentage emerging as heavy users that leverage a massive amount of public cloud resources.
5. First cloud projects are a thing of the past, with most working on their second, third, or more major cloud deployments.
6. Change management and cloud governance are becoming more commonplace and accepted by enterprises.