About Us. The Open Data Center Alliance was formed in 2010 as a unique consortium of leading global IT organizations. We are led by a steering committee of senior IT executives from BMW, China Unicom, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase, Lockheed Martin, Marriott International, Inc., National Australia Bank, Terremark, Disney Technology Solutions and Services, and UBS. Intel Corporation serves as the organization’s technical advisor. We came together to deliver a unified voice for emerging data center and cloud computing requirements. Our mission is to speed the migration to cloud computing by enabling the solution and service ecosystem to address IT requirements with the highest level of interoperability and standards. This includes:
- Identifying customer requirements for corporate adoption and deployment of cloud computing
- Defining Usage Models for these requirements based on open, industry-standard, multi-vendor solutions that support a vision of secure federation, automation, common management, and transparency
- Influencing industry innovation with:
- Collective membership commitment to use Alliance Usage Models to guide corporate planning and purchasing of data center resources
- Solution Provider member commitment to prioritize solution delivery based on Alliance Usage Model requirements
- Collaborating with industry standards bodies to define standards development aligned with Alliance priorities.
- View a presentation about the Alliance, delivered at the Intel Developer Forum 2011.
ODCA Technical Advisor Intel Corporation serves as technical advisor to the Open Data Center Alliance. Read more.